Thursday, April 27, 2006

“Suddenly you will believe me, What more was it that I could be”
-Your Diary, Franz Ferdinand

I had my first dream about Japan last night. Well, it was more like a nightmare actually, and probably not that far from the truth. Of course, it could have been induced by the NyQuil in my system. Basically the plot was that I arrived in Japan totally unqualified to teach English and found I was way out of my element, what with my dislike for children and all. But at least I looked good- I dreamed up a really nice t-shirt that I’m going to see if I can find one like it at the mall today while I peruse the magazine selection at Indigo for something interesting to read on the plane.

I’m toying with the idea of going home for Sunday night, mostly because the cat has been getting into fights lately and according to my dad, who does exaggerate, “part of his ear has been torn off” and/or it’s “just a flesh wound.” I guess that’s what I get for naming my cat after Tony Danza- he is a fighter. But that probably won’t happen; I’ll just start scrounging off of Dan and Carrie-Anne at their apartment.

“He's asking you why you loved him, But you couldn't say why you loved him”

Nothing that interesting has happened to me lately (surprise!). I haven’t seen Zanta in a while, and because I’ve been sick, I haven’t felt like interacting with the nutcases on Church St. Although last week a man did lean over to me at Adelaide St. and say, “I look better in the dark, you know…” I took one look at him and said, “God, for your sake I hope so!” and then ran across the street. Okay, I didn’t run, but I walked briskly since I don’t run and I was wearing flip flops at the time. He didn’t look all that crazy. He was wearing a suit and looked relatively clean. But still, who does that? I’m not expecting that sort of crazy in Fukushima, which is kind of sad since I do enjoy my adventures along Queen St. with the randoms in the park who tell me I look good.

“But I didn't and don't, Want you ever to read, Any diary of mine”

My very cool co-worker Laurie, who borrowed 2 of my U2 bootlegs back in December, finally sent them back to me thru our inter-office mail (love abusing the system) with the special treat of a new CD of a 1981 U2 bootleg concert. So I have something else to occupy my auditory canals with other than Yahoo radio, which is currently insisting that I will love “Get It On (Bang a Gong)” by T. Rex.

And like any other productive work day, I found a video of David Bowie and Moby covering “Cactus” by The Pixies. And yes, I am very pleased with myself.

“But he gave you a list , Of all the reasons why he did”

Top 5 Songs of the Day Not Chosen by the Yahoo Radio “You’ll Like This” Playlist:

Too Much Too Young- The Specials
Between Us & Them- Moving Units
Spaniolated- Fiery Furnaces
I’d Rather Dance With You- Kings of Convenience
Who Rocks the Party- Les Savy Fav

“Your diary, your diary, it's open and inviting me back”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home