Thursday, May 04, 2006

“It’s hard to argue when, you won’t stop making sense”
-Hands Open, Snow Patrol

I’m finally getting my comeuppance in terms of concerts. My co-workers assume that I go to concerts and like my girl, I like to “party all the time.” If only they knew the truth. I guess the matter is that I have a bunch of concert stubs tacked up on my office wall and whenever anyone asks me what my plans were, I would say something about going to see a concert, especially during the March triumvirate of Stars, Oasis/Arctic Monkeys, and Coldplay. Now that they know I’m leaving the country in- gasp- 4 days, people come up to me and tell me what concerts I will be missing. Like:

Pearl Jam- you’d have to pay ME to go and include a free set of earplugs


INXS- I’m a little disappointed since my parents are going

Radiohead- whom I pretty much started to a
ctually enjoy last week, having previously hated them and turned down tickets to past shows Snow Patrol- if they’re good enough to open for U2, they’re good enough for me…halfway through typing this I remembered that Toronto got stuck with Dashboard Confessional so I retract the previous statement.

Arctic Monkeys & We Are Scientists- I was more impressed that someone I work with knew these bands…plus I’ve seen the Monkeys.

At least I’ll be back for Ladysmith Black Mambazo…(whom I actually would see out of curiosity). And I had another Zanta sighting yesterday which prompted Dan to tell me the time that Zanta jumped on top of a newspaper box and opened his coat like a flasher and said "yes, yes, yes"to Dan in the pouring rain when Dan was locked out of the office.

“Why would I sabotage, the best thing that I have”

There also appears to be something called Summer Sonic in August in Tokyo, which is a music festival of sorts. So if I don’t make it to the Fuji Rock Festival, this is a distant second choice (Arctic Monkeys, Nelly Furtado, Daft Punk, Keane, The Rapture…)

I guess I should also point out that my co-worker Martha stopped me and said, “Every time I see you, I think of Phil Collins” due to my mock desire to marry him and/or have him at my wedding. I can walk down the aisle to a drum solo, right?

“Put Sufjan Stevens on, and we'll play your favorite song”

The Top 5 “If My iPod Had Free Will” Random Mix (AKA The Triumph of the Will Shuffle or The Dance of Leni Riefenstahl):


John Wayne Gacy Jr.- Sufjan Stevens
How Many Licks- ‘Lil Kim (it seems the iPod is up for a good time)
Pencil Skirt- Pulp
Cheating on You- Franz Ferdinand (between this song and Pencil Skirt, it can be assumed that my iPod loves adultery…)
White Lines- Grandmaster Flash (..and cocaine)

I’m actually listening to William Shatner’s cover of “Common People”…

“I wanna hear you laugh like you really mean it”

2 Comments:

At 9:37 a.m., May 05, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

hey,
thanks for the good times last night. you should be able to view the photos here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024719&l=56062&id=13606129 but i'll post them to my blog a little later, too.
happy travels

 
At 11:46 a.m., May 05, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

sweet, although particularily unflattering. I blame all the booze. I'll post some later in this afternoon's post. I also love your comments on them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home