Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Can you take me back to that place where stars glow?"
-Lola, Stars and Stripes, The Stills

Picture post! (except Blogger isn't co-operating, so I'll post the pretty scenery ones on my other blog).

Shopping here is quite amusing. First you have the signs:



Then you have the misspelled and non-sensical t-shirt slogans:


I don’t know what this shirt is supposed to say, but to me it looks like t says “I heart V.D.” Eve suggested that it’s meant to say “Loved” since they get I and L mixed up. Still, I prefer my explanation. I would have bought it if it fit. You be be judge.

There was another awesome shirt that said “Vacation Time! With a Donkey” and had a picture of a donkey. But like most things in this country, it was far too small.


This afternoon brought yet another new experience for me: the rotating sushi bar.

And the ice cream display so ignorant foreigners like myself can just point at what they want (or in our case, a woman will randomly come by and offer English translations). I had the mango.

Eve directed me to the local river. On the way a man a bike stopped me. He told me he was from Sri Lanka and his name was Hussein. He wanted me to go meet him for drinks but I told him I was busy. Eve and I are going to meet up with him on Monday, since the last time Eve met him she said she would be busy for 3 weeks.

I also now have a “Duomo” Man. Duomo mean’s “Thanks” as in 'Duomo arigato, Mr. Roboto.' I took a picture of his cat and he came over the thank me, say hi, and then wave at me. (as a side note, the Styx classic is apparently not popular here).

"Comets swarm like fireflies outside your window"

And pictures of our apartment didn't want to upload, so I present one photo and a video tour.

Video link here. (Sorry, imbedded video player screwed everything up).

"And the sun comes one more day"

2 Comments:

At 8:42 p.m., May 19, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

i heart VD.

have i said too much?

 
At 12:18 a.m., May 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you would heart VD.

now, I've said too much.

s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home