Monday, July 03, 2006

"Oh you didn't do bad, you made it out, I'm still stuck here oh but I'll get out"
-I Spy, Pulp

Not much news to report. I've been studying hard for my all-day work shifts this weekend in both Iwaki and Fukushima, trying ot memorize inane children's games and songs. But at least it pays well and includes a hotel stay, so I will be able to check out some of Iwaki City. Canada Day brought the usual: slightly drunken renditions of "O Canada" to the Japanese, Australians, and the one American, with my fellow Canadians. Followed by a mad dance party in Donna's bedroom.

"It may look to the untrained eye, I'm sitting on my arse all day "

I've been up to the usual: reading, watching the entire 1st season of "24", going to karaoke, visiting the rotating suishi bar, and planning trips in Japan and elsewhere (North and South Korea, or "bad" and "good" Korea as it is sometimes referred to when people can't remember which side is which). I'm also listening to Edge 102.1, and I'd never thought I'd say that I'd miss it but they just played "I Spy" by Pulp, and the cover of "Pop Music" by U2 back to back. Sigh.

"I do these things just so I survive, And you know I will survive"

Now I must demand that everyone visit the
Teargas Recording site to get their hands on a copy of the Carbon Dating Serivce CD. DO IT. As we all know it's Mairin's band, and they're awesome, so buy up. I've already ordered mine and am having my parents ship it to Japan along with some Twizzlers and a copy of Rolling Stone. Listen to samples here, then shell out the $12 for the CD.

I don't want to alarm you, but in case you didn't hear, David Hasselhoff was injured in a bathroom
shaving accident, but he's okay now. You can sleep easy again.

"I used to compose my own critical notices in my head"

Top 5 Songs on my Rotating List of Favourites:

Who Cares?- Gnarls Barkley
Cheshire Cat Smile- Milburn
Mountains- The Spinto Band
Trying to Help- Orson
You Only Live Once- The Strokes

"You've got to wait for the best"

1 Comments:

At 11:10 p.m., July 02, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

inana children's games and songs. welcome to my future career. if you ever need any suggestions, hit me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home