Friday, June 02, 2006


“It's big and it's bland, full of tension and fear, They do it over there, but we don't do it here”
-Fashion, David Bowie

Eve has forsaken me and left me to die in the tepid waters that run through the mountains in Fukushima. Truth be told, I was invited out to Koriyama for a night of dancing. When I inquired about the music (techno/trance) and the booze (not-so free flowing and cheap), I decided I was better off swigging out of a bottle of Boone’s and watching reruns of House (I’m saving “Soylent Green” for the weekend). Or a more accurate depiction of events: I expressed my disappointment in Eve in the fact that she would travel to a town an hour away to voluntarily listen to trance music (which would induce a coma for me) and thus picked apart her iTunes library to cull the salvageable tracks into my own personal playlist (as well as downloading several artists she was lacking like KT Tunstall, The Raconteurs, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs). I like my Boone’s cold, my men between meaty and firm, and my music hipster dance-able: none of which awaits me in Koriyama.

“Listen to me - don't listen to me, Talk to me - don't talk to me”

My mango ice cream or “soft ice” as it is referred to here left me bitter today. Either that or the heat, which I am having a hard time dealing with, even though its only the beginning of June. We’re currently planning an outing to the beach- my first time near the Pacific Ocean- on Sunday if the weather holds and everything stays on track in the planning department. So like a 20% chance.

I also decided to take a spin on Eve’s bike, which is in the style favoured by grannies in the 1940s- the baskets are big, the handles are wide, and there is only one speed. It also has a most uncomfortable seat which is still being felt by my ass today. But the scenery on my trip to Mt. Shinobu was worth it (I guess). Or it was worth it until I saw the giant sign that had a big picture of a tick with blood dripping from it’s fangs on it. I took that as a literal sign to turn back before I got lyme disease.

We all know my affinity for cemeteries, having previsously slaved away in one for 3 summers...okay so I was a city worker and we had naps in the mausoleum. Still, it was hot out.

Note the angry red statue man at this moutnain temple:


“It's loud and tasteless and I've heard it before”

And I learned something unusual today- most children ride unicycles for fun. True story. I saw them in the park. Eve told me they all have unicycles. Living here is just getting weirder and weirder (and I saw an awesome shirt that said “Fuck Milk. Got beer?” and had a smiling skeleton on it. But alas, it was $50 at a designer shop).


Top 5 Recently Viewed Videos as Part of My YouTube Obsession (aka the Who Needs MuchMusic Since Its Not Like They Play Anything Good mix):


The Universal- Blur
Disco 2000- Pulp
House of Jealous Lovers- The Rapture

Suddenly I See- KT Tunstall
Mofo- U2 (live MTV Europe 1997..I actually have this on taped on VHS!! Old school!)

“You shout it while you're dancing on the whole dance floor”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home