Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"I was so touched, I was moved to kick the crutches, From my crippled friend "
-The State I Am In, Belle and Sebastian

This time I have legit news! I actually have a real job. Okay, so it's only once a week for 90 minutes, but that still counts right? I'm getting paid about $45 to teach adult women English in Fukushima, so that will basically support my two favourite weekly activities: grocery shopping and karaoke. 90 minutes isn't that long, but that's pretty much the same amount of time and effort I out into my 9 to 5 job in Toronto anyway.

Now I just need to figure out how to get days off...seriously, I need a Thursday off for when my mum and aunt come to visit at the end of June...

"Now I spend my day turning tables round In Marks & Spencer's, They don't seem to mind "

Since this is my last "official" week on "vacation" before I start teaching next week, I'll just have to take it extra easy: more trips to the grocery store, more Arrested Development reruns, and effectively, more cowbell. Speaking of cowbells, I saw a shirt with a cowbell on it (shamefully much too small for me) and the words: "Cow bells for good use. I like ice cream. Milk Dairy Farm." I should just start buying these too-small shirts and cut them up to make a hilarious quilt.

And more hilarity from Yahoo "news": "William Shatner says horses can help inured children"...which I read as "Shatner says horses help injure children." And "Lovesick swan falls in love with paddle boat." But I saved the best for last, "Syphillis Up, Smoking Down in Ottawa." Thank God we got out when we did.

"Now I'm feeling dangerous, riding on city buses for a hobby is sad "

2 Comments:

At 12:32 p.m., May 30, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

enjoy the AD reruns while they last...

"there's unlimited juice? this party is going to be off the hook!"

 
At 5:52 p.m., May 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rachel. we made a blorg.

www.howcanadiansgovernthemselves.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home