Saturday, May 27, 2006

“Is it any wonder I'm tired, Is it any wonder that I feel uptight”
-Is It Any Wonder, Keane (currently obsessing over this song)

Yeah I know I said I would stop posting until I had some interesting adventures to share, but old habits die hard. Besides, Eve and I are attempting “Ninja Training” tomorrow morning, and due to my lack of mad physical skillz, I might not make it back here to post again. I might collapse in the mountain where the obstacle course is or fall of my soon-to-be-acquired bike out of exhaustion…speaking of exhaustion, Eve is asleep in my bed, due to the closer proximity of my bed to the living room.

“It's hard to know where I stand, It's hard to know where I am"

One of the great things about being unemployed is that I can meet Eve for lunch when she has her 2 hour plus gaps between classes. We ambled over ot my new favourite place- the rotating sushi bar- for lunch, then off ot a secluded and hidden British-pub style dessert place (which is partially the reason we’ve decided to take up Ninja Training since desserts are so delicious here). And in other great news I have finally convinced Eve to spend $600 and 3 days camping at the Fuji Rock Festival. It also took me about 25 seconds to get Leslie to join us since her "boyfriend" is in The Strokes (she hearts Julian Casablancas). She's also been to the other big Japanese festival, Summer Sonic, and has access to a tent. Sweet, indeed.

“Well maybe it's a puzzle I don't understand”

Last night we had an impromptu party at our apartment. Namely, one person coming over for a bit of pre-drinking (which is never as intense as in the old Ottawa days, or even in the pre-Dance Cave way) led to “I told so-and-so to come over too…” By the end, there were 8 of us here before we left to head off the other 3 people who were on our way and make it over to karaoke for more drinks and 2 hours of singing our hearts out. I was pleased to discover the random selection of songs available I hadn’t expected and/or thought could be sung at karaoke: "Helicopter" by Bloc Party and "Informer" by Snow. Sadly, they do not have any Vanilla Ice. Shane, if you ever grace us with your presence, we can duet on “White Lines.” And one of these days, I’m going to sing Dirk’s favourite “Oasis” song, “Tubthumping.”

“But sometimes I get the feeling that I'm, Stranded in the wrong time”

Top 5 Karaoke Songs Performed by Yours Truly Last Night to Great Applause (aka The I’m Feeling Pretty Good About Myself list):

Vertigo- U2
Club Foot- Kasabian
This Charming Man- The Smiths
Livin’ on a Prayer- Bon Jovi
Under Pressure- Queen & Bowie

And as a bonus track:
Total Eclipse of the Heart- Bonnie Tyler (I merely provided the “Turnaround Bright Eyes” parts)

“Is it any wonder I don't know what's right”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home