Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Play me a song to set me free, Nobody writes them like they used to"
-Get Me Out of Here, I'm Dying, Belle & Sebastian

It's so damn hot here. I've graduated to full-on sloth mode (the zoos actually let the sloths roam freely in the trees out of their cages but, being sloths, they are too lazy to escape). Eve and I perch on the couch watching old episodes of "America's Next Top Model" while fanning ourselves with hand Japanese fans purchased from the wonderous dollar store while pondering how we're going to get through the heat of July and August.

And I let something unimaginable and totally unfathomable happen- I let a bottle of Boone's orange pineapple "wine" go bad from being in the heat due to the inability of our rididulously small fridge to hold the bottle. I know! I can't believe it either. I heart Boone's so much. But good news comes of this- we went to my two favourite places which just happen to have air conditioning, free-flowing drinks, and entertainment: rotating sushi bars and karaoke for food, fun, and cold alcoholic beverages.

"Think of it this way, You could either be successful or be us"

Instating a new rule to only sing songs that we had not yet performed, our karaoke repetoire is both growing and allows fo rmore hilarity to ensue in the form of John Travlota (me) and Olivia Newton-John (Eve) duets, awesome Spice Girls performances, and legitmate songs that sound good like "Rock the Casbah," some Snow Patrol, "New York, New York," "Bittersweet Symphony," and an awesome "I Will Follow." We were actually able to discover what will become one of our patented duets: "Don't You Want Me," the Human League classic. And the ones that don't work: a Madonna (Eve-better range and bigger Madonna fan) and Britney (me- the less talented slutty one? I don't know how that was decided) "Me Against the Music" duet, Ashlee Simpson's "Lala" which sounds worse if you actually sing it. The only way to get through it is to horribly scream it off-key in true Simpson fashion. Can I get a "Runaway Train?"

"This is no declaration, I just thought I'd let you know..."

I've been horribly neglecting my travel blog, so some updates for that may be in order. And I actually managed to peel myself from the balcony today to make a trip to the post office to mail random postcards (if you don't get one this time around, you'll get one in the next mail haul. After 8 postcards I got tired of writing the same things).

Top 5 Songs that Make Me Miss Home Even Though I'm Not (aka the I Miss Canadian Music mix):

We All Lose One Another- Jason Collett
One Evening- Feist
Everest- Andy Stochansky
Fire Eye'd Boy- BSS
Elevator Love Letter- Stars

"That wasn't what I meant to say at all"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home