Friday, June 16, 2006

"It's raining men, Hallelujah, It's raining men, Amen"
-It's Raining Men, The Weather Girls

Clearly, it's not raining men. Life would be completely different if it were. Instead, its just regular rain, every freakin' day since its the damn rainy season in Japan. So high humidity and puddles have kept me confined to the apartment whic is becoming increasingly filled with ants. It also led to what will be referred to as "the incident": a giant beetle found it's way into the apartment which had me standing on the couch and screaming as Eve huddled in her bed until Rusty was able to rid us of it. We were then told that we should have kept it and sold it. it seems that bettles are the new pets and kids like to have beetle fights. Prime example of what is wrong with both kids and beetles.

Because of the rain, we've been forced to occupy ourselves with indoor activities (mind out of the gutter). And since the novelty of karaoke has worn off for everyone except me- still not tired of it. I lie awake at night thinking of random karaoke songs to sing and ridiculous ones that I don't want to hear ever again like "Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" as part of the Britney Speas medley...
So the prusuit of indoor activities led Rusty and I to Round 1- a giant indoor sports and arcade complex. In the same building you can try both bull riding and archery, gun shooting and basketball, bowling and virtual bowling, and all the arcade games you want since it's included in your entrance fee. that's right- no additional change needed to play the games. There are also full-body massage chairs. $12 gets you 3 hours of entertainment and when you're playing the awesome Japanese drumming game, time flies. Because I'm such a nerd, I love arcade games and Japan is full of bizarre things.

And if the weather dries up, Eve, Rusty and I are off to Aizu-Wakamatsu, somewhere near Fukushima to see a castle and hang out for the day. Former samurai's thought that the castle was under attack and on fire so they all committed suicide on a giant hill at the base of the castle. Turns out they were wrong and the castle still stands. Samurai's aren't the smartest bunch of guys.

Everyone is Japan has forsaken their soccer team after their disastrous loss to the Aussies with some people actually calling the national soccer league to demand that the team return to Japan immeadiately. It has been a lot of fun for me to ask the Japanese people I know how they are enjoying the World Cup. I may be in Japan, but I'm stil a jerk.

I'm off to Tokyo on Sunday for a week, so emails will go unanswered and blogs will go un-updated. Amuse yourselves while I'm away and remember that I love you and miss you. And if you're good while I'm gone, you're all getting Soylent Green and karaoke lessons for Xmas.

Top 5 Songs I'm Sulking to Since No One Wants to Go to Karaoke Tonight (aka The Who Needs You Mix):

Finding Out True Love is Blind- Louis XIV
Crazy- Gnarls Barkley
No Tomorrow- Orson
Diamond Dogs- Beck
Say Hello to the Angels- Interpol

"Hear the thunder, don't you lose your head"

1 Comments:

At 11:28 p.m., June 18, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

no matter the weather, i'm always up for kareoke :)

have so much fun in Toyko. say hi to bill murray :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home