Saturday, July 08, 2006

"I'm so tired my mind is on the blink, I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink "
-I'm So Tired, The Beatles

If the words, "I want children" ever come out of my mouth, please get me drunk, roll me up in a carpet, and throw me off a bridge. Granted, I have never uttered those words, but just in case I do remind me of the weekend I worked at Children's Summer Parties for this English compnay I am employed with. Most people would look at these littel Japanese children and think, "Awww how cute." These are the same people who look at puppies the same way. I look at children and think, "I have a headache." And for the record, I look at puppies and think...well nothing since I don't waste my time thinking about puppies. I'm too busy making lists or obsessing.

I am exhausted from a day of running around and playing inane games and shouting out commands in English. And I can't even fathom that in less than 12 hours, I'll be at it again for another entire day. I am a slave to money however, and the company treats me well: paying for my travel, accomodations overnight (don't go to Iwaki), meal allowances, not to mention OVER-paying me by about $60 on travel fees and then telling me to keep it anyway. SWEET. And I got a free ride to th train station instead of taking a 90 minute train by my boss who played an odd mix of Queen's greatest hits, followed by Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys. But still, my distaste for children remains. My time in Japan can't all be reading books and hanging on the balcony- or more appropriately as I aptly put it to Shane in an appropriate conversation- It can't all be Soylent Green and Trvial Pursuit. If there was booze in the house, I would have downed it by now (not thinking ahead, I finished the last of my Don Simon box of sangria earlier in the week).

"but it's no joke it's doing me harm"

What continually surprises me, and what goes with something Shane posted on his blog is how cool Canadians and Canada are to people outside the country. I meet so many people here who say that they really want to visit Canada. When I first heard people say that, I made a face and said, "what for?" Even I lack in the travelling the native land. But so many people- again, lots today alone- have said how much they want to see various parts of the country. One 78 year old student (seriously, dude is awesome. Looks like he's 60) is actually going to Winnipeg in September. He may be the only person in the world excited about a trip to Winnipeg. I have family there and I don't want to go.

"you know I can't sleep I can't stop my brain"

Props to everyone who picked up Mairin's Carbon Dating Service CD (yay Nat!). If you didn't, what's your problem?
I'll promise to post more frequently, now that my weekend of servitude is almost done. And I'll add pictures. It's getting a little boring. I should add subliminal messages to my entries. Or maybe I already have....hmmm try to find them. Rusty, Eve and I are going to Tokyo Disneyland next week where I am sure to wreak havoc while wearing Mickey Mouse ears (yes I am aware that I hate Mickey Mouse, I may substitute mouse ears for a Goofy hat). I also rocked a new favourite karaoke song- "White Lines" as covered by Duran Duran.

"you know it's three weeks I'm going insane "

Top 5 Favourite Karaoke Songs o' the Week:

My Humps- Black Eyed Peas...I don't sin git because I like it, I sing it because it's stupid
Spice Up Your Life- Spice Girls (Eve and I nailed it)
Bullet with Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumpkins
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys
Subterranean Homesick Blues- Bob Dylan (Rusty has learned his lesson about daring me to sing songs because I always win).

"I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind"