Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"But we did nothing, absolutely nothing that day..."
-Drinking in LA, Bran Van 3000

The past 4 days have been action-packed, even though today's song o' the day may lead you to believe otherwise. Since I spend most days just hanging out in Fukushima, I try to cram as much as I can when the opportunity for fun and hilarity arises. The past few days have included: Disneyland, fun with sake, a giant Buddha, the world’s worst hostel, and me falling on the ground in an Indian restaurant and taking a table down with me. I’ll get to all of that and more in due time, but since I’m prone to ramblings and am unable to make a story short and concise, I’ll break it up into a few days worth of posts. So let us start at the beginning….

Rusty made it back to Fukushima on Thursday after spending a week travelling alone in Japan with his rail pass (which sucks because I’m not eligible for one with my visa) and we decided to hit the town at night with Eve for our first sake experience. We went to local izakaya (read: bar) to rink. If you haven’t had sake, it’s okay, nothing special. I prefer swigging rum straight out of the bottle. The bar was cool though. And no- sake wasn’t the reason I knocked over a table…that all happened a few days later. Sake left me with no buzz whatsoever, so we called it a night. Eve was tipsy so I had to hang on to her on the walk home while singing “My Humps.” The sake is served in these double shot glass style glasses: the wooden box is actually a glass that is
filled with sake.

Friday, Rusty and I went to Tokyo. After a bit of sightseeing I managed to track down the only Greek restaurant in Tokyo. Literally. I’d been dying for Greek food and even this Japanese take on Greek was good enough for me. Now I just have to find a place that makes Eggs Benedict… I also found an awesome shirt, which, like the "I love Jesus" shirt I wanted, was a bit to much money. So I took its picture instead...long live The Goonies.

And the reason I love staying in hotels: English TV. Friday's selection was the Sylvester Stallone classic Daylight.


"I woke up again this morning with the sun in my eyes"

Eve and I are in the process of getting things together for Fuji Rock. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah had to pull out of the festival, so that sucks. It’ll be an amusing adventure either way since Eve has never been camping, and my first attempt at camping last summer had me in a hotel by the 3rd night. It also looks as though we'll hit up South Korea for a week in August, and I might get over to Hong Kong before my time in Japan runs out, bu tmore on that when I know for sure.

Top 5 Songs for a “Tuesday is Soylent Green day” Afternoon:

One Night is Not Enough- Snow Patrol
Fear of Sleep- The Strokes
Peace & Quiet- Rifles
Money- Pink Floyd
Beautiful- Athlete

"We've got a conclusion, and I guess that's something"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home